Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Craftsman of Changing Chair Cloth

One day, my husband found eight beautiful wood dining chairs for 150 dollars on a site! There were used to at a restaurant. It's good buy! There are some scratches on the chairs, and the chair cloths are old, so we become the craftsman!

While my husband fix some scratches, I tried to change chair cloth. 
It is a old chair cloth. There are some dirty spots.

This side back.

First, I dismantled 

Next, put wood board on a new chair cloth and a cushion.

Then, cover a wood board with chair cloth, and fasten the cloth on the board with staple gun.

After, fasten the cloth on the board with staple gun while be careful wrinkles.


Then, cover with a thin cloth by staple gun. 

Turn upside down.

I made eight same cushions!


This is base of chair. We will put the cushions on the base of chairs.

We're almost done! Last, turn the chair upside down and fix with screw.




We are finished!!! :) It's beautiful dining chair, isn't it?

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great job! The chairs look great!

Stizz said...

Wow, 8 chairs...that's a lot of work. I bet it took you awhile to finish, but it looks like it was worth it because they look great! I want to sit in them next time I come over. :)